All Dolls

My photo
Hi there, I am a 14 year old girl who Loves animals !!. I love to write my own books and would love to be published. I have two best friends named Olivia and Emma. I also have 3 others. My cat, dog and horse :). I love to post about my experiences, good or bad. I am also hoping to open my own goat Dairy.!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Molly McIntire



Molly lives in Jefferson, Illinois in 1944, during World War II. Her family and others supported the war and its soldiers by growing Victory Gardens (food for the soldiers). She has three best friends, one of them is named Emily Bennett who comes to the US from a war-torn London, England and is living with her and her family. Emily and Molly both learn the importance of co-operating together, just as their countries must do to win the war. Molly's most important moment of her childhood was when she was picked dance the part of "Miss Victory" at a Red Cross Fundraiser. The most saddest part of her childhood was when her dad went off to war. Molly comes the conclusion that sometimes doing your part is hard and difficult, but it is the best thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment